- **NEW**Family Alliance Network Book Club
- **NEW** Family Alliance Network Calendar of Events
- **NEW!**Real XChange – Covid-19 Resources
- **NEW!**Mental health for adults with developmental disabilities during COVID: A virtual course for family caregivers
- **NEW**MCCSS Wage Enhancement Communications
- Resource Booklet – Self Isolation Activities, created by the North East Passport Network
- Estate Planning Guide
The Inspiring Possibilities Estate Planning Guide, developed by Community Living Ontario and PooranLaw Professional Corporation, is intended for families and their loved ones who have a disability to ensure that their financial arrangements and current considerations are respected. To view, print out the guide, please click on the link below:
- Intervenor Services
The Intervenor Services Human Resource Strategy (ISHRS) is a multi-year initiative funded by MCSS with the goal of professionalizing Intervenor Services, increasing the number of skilled intervenors, and improving the quality of services for individuals who are deafblind. For more information on the strategy, to sign up for our quarterly newsletter, and/or to follow us on social media, please visit the following link: http://intervenorservices.com.
- French Language Services Contact Information
French Language Services Commissioner: François Boileau, 1-866-246-5262, [email protected]
French Language Services Coordinator for the Ministry of Community and Social Services and the Ministry of Children and Youth: Marc Coulavin, 416-314-3533, [email protected]
Regional French Language Services Lead: Jeannette Bélanger, 705-495-1703, [email protected]
- The Plain Language Guide to the Regulations on Quality Assurance Measures
This guide is intended to explain the various components of the regulation in plain language.
En français: Guide du règlement sur les mesures d’assurance de la qualité
You will find a copy of The Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, 2008, on this website. This website also contains other links and resources regarding the Quality Assurance Measures included in the act.
- Business Writing and Grammar Skills Made Easy and Fun
Learn helpful tips and guidelines to enhance your grammar and writing skills.
- AccessON YouTube Channel
Visit the AccessON YouTube Channel to find out how Ontario is becoming more accessible every day.
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities
Making your customer service accessible to people with disabilities.
- United Nations Enable – Rights and Dignity of Persons with Disabilities
United Nations website concerning the Rights and Dignities of Persons with Disabilities.
- UNICEF – It’s About Ability: An explanation of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
In this book you will find a summary of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the reasons it was created. You can learn about everyone’s rights and responsibilities, and about the steps and actions governments must take to help children with disabilities realize their rights. And you can learn what actions you can take to make a difference.
- Health Care Connect
Health Care Connect helps Ontarians who are without a family health care provider (family doctor or nurse practitioner) to find one. People without a family health care provider are referred to a family doctor or a nurse practitioner who is accepting new patients in their community.
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities
The annual observance of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities on 3 December was established by the International Year for Disabled Persons (1981). The Day aims to promote a better understanding of disability issues with a focus on the rights of persons with disabilities and gains to be derived from the integration of persons with disabilities in every aspect of the political, social, economic and cultural life of their communities.
- Inclusion International
Inclusion International is a global federation of family-based organizations advocating for the human rights of people with intellectual disabilities worldwide. For over forty years Inclusion International has been committed to the promotion of these human rights and our organization now represents over 200 member federations in 115 countries throughout five regions including the Middle East and North Africa, Europe, Africa and the Indian Ocean, the Americas, and Asia Pacific.
- Discounted Bus Pass Information
The City of North Bay is offering discounted bus passes for people who receive services from Community Living North Bay as well as for their parents or guardian and support staff.
This website is presented as a resource which will give you some of the basics necessary to the understanding and implementation of plans for the future of your family member with a disability i.e. tax tips, tools and techniques, unique planning issues.
- When you don’t know where to turn Make the Connection, Call 2-1-1. Find programs and services in your area. Click on the link provided to get more information on this valuable resource. http://www.211ontario.ca
- http://www.surreyplace.on.ca – This website provides specialized clinical services that are responsive to individual’s needs and promote health and well-being in the Toronto region.