Quality Assurance ensures accountability to the values of the organization.
A Simplified Approach – The ABC’s of Enhancing a Person’s Life
Ask the people/families what they want.
Be responsive to their goals.
Check to see if people/families are still getting what they want.
Quality Assurance Means…
- Having a clear understanding by staff in the organization of who the person really is.
- Having a long term commitment to each person’s well being.
- Meeting the fundamental needs of people.
- Assisting people in personal growth and development as well as their personal lifestyle interests.
- Assuring personal empowerment so that people are enabled to act of their own free will instead of being dependent upon the influence of others.
- People exercise control over their lives.
- Supporting people to find themselves.
- Helping people escape devalued roles and treatment.
- Safeguarding individual vulnerabilities.
- Promoting the use of natural supports in meeting personal needs.
- Promoting the use of generic services.
- Promoting personal memberships in community groups.
- Helping people find meaning in life.